Sunday, May 18, 2008

Lance Thunder hits primetime

So the Lance Thunder piece I did ( see my previous post) ended up being shown to someone who works on the TV Show Dirty Sexy Money for ABC (friend showed it to a friend who showed it to a friend). Apparently they needed a comic for an episode they were filming where Donald Sutherland's kid has a comic. So, they asked if they could use Lance. I doublechecked with Keith and we went ahead with it. Of course it needed to be colored so I asked a few different people if they could take swings at it. It was the last week of classes here so I was shocked anyone signed up for it, but my friends Chris McInerney and Erica Henderson both did some sweet coloring on it.

The producers ended up choosing Erica's version cause they felt it had a more "old-timey" feel they were going for.

Here is Erica's. She's graduating from the FAV department here at RISD. You can check out her blog at: http://failatlife.blogspot.com





And here is Chris's version. He graduated two years ago from the Illustration department and is currently teaching art in Maine. His blog can be found here: http://skizzenblok.blogspot.com


No comments: